Victoria Police is encouraging applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse communities that are under-represented in the Victoria Police workforce to apply for the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program. “Victoria Police is committed to growing a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve — we value the diversity of age, gender, culture, religion and sexual orientation of our employees” - Victoria Police
“The Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program enhanced the natural skills that I already possessed and gave me invaluable resources to help me pass the Entrance Exam and all other components of the application process. The Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program is the edge you need." - Constable Newbetre
Course In Policing Recruitment Pathways details
- Applications close: 20 February 2022
- Course start date: 15 March 2022
- Course duration: 15 weeks
- Days of course: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
The Course will be delivered via a blended model with some face to face classes at Victoria University, with the majority of classes remaining online.
Applicants from the Wyndham Local Government Area and from Geelong are strongly encouraged to apply for this Round, including applicants from Melton.
Participants from Geelong will be supported to attend local activities where possible. Please visit www.victoriapolicediversity.org.au for further information on prioritised locations for each Round.
Course fees are covered by the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program. There are no Course costs to Participants.
About the Program
The Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program seeks to increase the representation of people from under-represented cultural communities in the Victoria Police recruitment process. This includes, but is not limited to, First Nations applicants, Maori or Pasifika applicants and applicants who are of Middle Eastern, East or South Asian, South American and African heritage.
This program focuses on the challenges encountered by people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities who apply to join Victoria Police. The program is designed to assist and provide support to applicants.
Support provided to participants
- Participant assessment, and guidance on recruitment pathway options
- Guidance and support on cultural differences and expectations.
- Mentoring, support and guidance to participants to succeed through each stage of the recruitment process.
- 15 week Course in Policing Recruitment Pathways to build skills and capabilities for success through the recruitment process
- Support and mentoring during the Police Academy training and ongoing mentoring following deployment to police stations.
Who is eligible to participate in the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program?
To apply for the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program, you will first need to meet our selection criteria. Later, you will also be assessed on criteria related to the role within Victoria Police you are applying for.
You will need
- Commitment, good character and reputation
- English communication and numeracy skills
- To be an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident on application
- A clear Police Check
- To be able to pass the Victoria Police Fitness Test by the completion of the program
- To demonstrate knowledge and commitment to joining Victoria Police
- Communication, conflict resolution and organisation skills gained by employment in Australia.
You are strongly encouraged to apply if:
- You identify with a cultural background specified in the recruitment round or with a culturally and linguistically diverse community that is under-represented in Victoria Police
- You reside in the location or region of Victoria that is specified in the recruitment round
- You are from a refugee and/or humanitarian background
Would you like to be the next generation of Victoria Police?
For more information and to apply for the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program, please visit our website: www.victoriapolicediversity.org.au.