As Victoria reopens, you will have to show proof of full vaccination when checking in to places outside the home.
You will need a COVID-19 vaccination certificate to go to a restaurant or café, or to visit the hairdresser.
Many people will need their certificate for work.
How to get a certificate?
Getting an online myGOV account is the best way. It’s safe and secure.
- Go to the website my.gov.au to create an account or sign in.
- From your myGov account you’ll need to link your online Medicare account.
- Select ‘Proof of COVID-19 vaccination’, then ‘View History’ and enter your name to view the certificate.
- From the myGov account you can print a copy of your certificate to take with you.
Getting a DIGITAL Certificate.
The easiest way to get a COVID-19 digital certificate is by downloading the Express Plus Medicare app on your smart phone.
- You need a myGov account for this to work.
- Once you are in the Medicare app, go to ‘proof of vaccinations’, follow the prompts and ‘share with ‘Service Victoria’.
- Services Victoria app is the one you are already using to visit places.
- Once this is done, open the latest version of the Service Victoria app, accept the terms and you’re all set.
- Your COVID-19 digital certificate will show up automatically when you check-in.
What happens if you don’t have Medicare?
You can still get a vaccination certificate and add it to the Service Victoria app.
- The quickest way is to apply online through your myGov account for what’s known as an Individual Healthcare Identifier number, or IHI.
- You can also get an Individual Healthcare Identifier number by filling out a form available on the Services Australia website, to find this google IHI.
What happens if you can’t get proof of vaccination online
- You can ask for your vaccination provider to print out your record of vaccination when you are vaccinated.
- The providers that could print your certificate are pharmacies, some GP clinics or community centres.
- Please check and make sure in advance they can print your vaccination record.
Make a call
- Another option is to call Services Australia on 1800 653 809 and ask for a copy of your certificate to be posted to you.
- The phone service will be busy when you call so be patient and keep trying.
- There are interpreters depending on availability at the time, and it can take a few minutes to get an interpreter.
- To get a copy sent you need to provide details of your Medicare account or Individual Healthcare Identifier number, and give personal details over the phone. So, make sure you have all your details ready.
- It can take up to 14 days for the certificate to arrive in the mail.
- Vaccination Certificates are for everyone who is fully vaccinated
- Setting up the myGov account and getting a digital certificate is a quicker way to get your certificate.
- If you are setting up the myGov account for the first time it’s simple to register, but linking your Medicare details can take time, so be patient.
- You can always ask a friend or family member to help.
If you need online help.
If you need help setting up your myGov account, go to the Create a myGov account website. Just google ‘create mygov account’.
For more information visit the Victorian Government website: coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaxproof
This information is brought to you by the National Ethnic and Multicultural Broadcasters Council